Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
WISCONMAN

POWER MAX CLUTCH COIL REPAIR

WISCONMAN
Several monthes ago there was some discussion and pictures about repairing the pto clutch coils, specifically replacing the potting material that surrounds the coil. Could anyone pass on the info if they still have it? Thanks!

markpogue
I have used two part epoxy with good luck. I think Maynerd said he had used a gas tank repair kit from NAPA auto parts.

schaefer72
hi - i was the one that brought up the topic - i still havent actually repaired mine yet but here is a link to the original discussion - http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17372 - everyone said to clean it then cover the wires with epoxy to protect them and keep them dry - good luck

JP
There are LOTs of epoxies out there, I would caution you to use a Hi heat, non conductive type. Scouting out a electric motor repair or something of that sort might be worth while. I'm in the process of doing 2 coils now, When I get them done & tested I'll let you know the 'scoop'. Take Care, JP

jlasater
Motor repair places also use a product called Glyptal made by GE. They use it for sealing motor windings and the like. Racers also use it for painting the inside of engine blocks to aid oil drainback and it lives at those temperatures quite well.