Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

Auction Mission Successful

SmilinSam
Didn't get the B10 with loader but came home with .... [img]http://a2.cpimg.com/image/86/DB/22362502-65ed-02480172-.jpg[/img] [img]http://a3.cpimg.com/image/87/DB/22362503-b942-0218019C-.jpg[/img] [img]http://a4.cpimg.com/image/88/DB/22362504-538b-02100176-.jpg[/img] Can you identify the goodies on the trailer???

Rob-B
ford made by jacabsen painted puke green w/ deck and snowblower a B-210/212w /nice grills a 7014H sweepster for sim/ac maybe? internation cub cadet blade of sort? orange snowblower of unknown? orange mower deck of unknown?

Roy
Sam, Nice looking haul!

gregc
Got the rainbow but missed the pot of gold.;)

Chris727
Sporty looking B series, was it all a package deal? Good find. -Chris

JimV
nice stuff sam.

Boney
Looks like a nice bunch you have there.

SmilinSam
Robs pretty close. The AC is an HB-212. Apparently it had a Hydro lift at one time because the drive pulley is there. We pushed it on the trailer as it did not run at the auction. Put Jumpers on it and drove it off the trailer. Engine doen't even smoke. Vickers works but leaks readily and the bevel gear box works but has more backlash than it should. Tin is really straight, a shame they painted it red and silver. Got it for $100. The 7016 Hydro has a locked up engine, or it would appear that way. Got it for $60. The Sweepster Broom is 60" wide and looks like I can easily adapt it to my 720. Got it for $50. The Blade is for a Cub or Cub Low Boy. Looks to be complete with all brackets andtire chains. Got it for $40.( Incedentally thats what I got one for last spring at this Auction and it resold on Ebay for $240) The Deck is a 48" deck from a Sunstar. Got the driveshaft and gearbox on it. Spindles are stuck, but hopefully the box is good. Got it for $10. Shell will be redone to fit on the 7016 or similar. Then the other parts from the deck will end up on Ebay. The Jacobsen(Ford) will get parted out on Ebay as they sell real well out in parts. Paid $25 for it and all that went with it(Blower & deck) The Other red blower is a Wheel Horse 36" and I will using it to make 1 out of 2 with another one I already have thats been butchered too. Got it for $15. Should double my money and still have the Broom and 2 tractors to deal with yet. Not sure what to do with the tractors yet. Could always make another modernized HB out of the pair....:D

Brent_Baumer
Nice............What did the loader tractor go for?

SmilinSam
Incedentally , the B-10 w/loader was actually the same Big Ten I ran up to $800 last year, only this time around it was in worse condition. Not quite as bad Physically as the one Kent got but this one was not running nor would look to be runnable anytime soon. I never even bid and it brought $1100. And, it was missing the cross brace that bolts on under the engine behind the axle. The welded tabs to the frame instead. The loader for a 9020 ended up being about 50% of the factory loader and about 50% badly cobbled up homade junk with shot hoses and such. It still brought $750. Personally I feel the establishment (being a veteran AC dealership from the 60's) grossly misrepresented that piece and should have known better...

Tacey
That Sweepster is the attachment I'd really like to have. New ones are at least five grand... Tacey

MPH
Sounds like a grand day at the auction Sam. MPH

MDB
Looks like you did really well at the auction, good for you8D^ Can't wait to see some of that stuff on Ebay...^

Leroy
Tacey If you think about it. a sweepster is little more that a captured powered bottle brush i have never seen one up close so i am guessing that the filaments (those things that do the sweeping) are possibly being pinched behind a piece of metal that had a quarter round curve to it. kinna like cooking a spagette noodle only in the center and let it dry on a wooden spoon. 4 or 5 times around the curcumfrence of the spindle that is matched to recieve the 1/4 or better round profile. once they are all bolted down they have put a gear or pulley or shaft drive to it. and brackets for raising and lowering it. I don't see 5 thousand in that design maybe 500.00. But then i did not think i was looking at 5 thousand dollars worth of rubber saw either. What a Rubber saw looks like is a powerd cheeze slicer with a water cup attached to it. After folks spend 4 hours cutting through 4X8 sheet of 2 inch rubber with a box knife 5 thousand doesnt sound like to much. lol

SmilinSam
Leroy, you are right in that these brooms don't seem to be complicated enough to justify the high price of new. Very simple construction really. I'm looking to use my 720 Snow Blower mount as a pattern to build one for this broom.

a7117puller
notice the covers are off the 48" deck? hint hint, and should be able to save the shell, not badly rusted as one i got for parts.