Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
LeoB

snow thrower id tag

LeoB
I have a 3 belt 36" blower. Can anyone tell me where to find the id tag on these things. I've got someone interested in it, if it's a 990175, I just can't tell if it is or not. I've looked all over the thing and just can't find the part number. If you can tell me the general area, then I can focus there. Thanks, Leo

John_RI
I'm not sure but I think the 990175 may have been the only 3 belt blower.

LeoB
A little more research is leading me to think that this is 990311 snowthrower. Primarily because it has a cord to turn the spout and it came with a 63/64 era Landlord. I'm thinking that the Landlord is a 64 and that would be the right time frame for the 990311 36" 3 belt show thrower.

UCD
Doing a little research all I can find is those two MFG# 990175 and 990311 for 3 belt blowers There is a manual available for the 990175 but not for the 990311. I have the 990311 blower listed as being used on the 63/64 Landlord. Blower #990345 single belt was the blower listed for the 65/68 Landlord. I believe they will fit the same tractors with the 990311 being an updated version of the 990175 with a few minor changes The 990175 uses a pulley V belt arrangement on the spout rotator.

LeoB
Maynard, Thanks, that pretty confirms what I found out. I was able to download a 990311 manual from the Simplicity site. That was how I determined that the cord or rope on the spout of my snow thrower was part of the design and not a micky mouse fix.

UCD
About the only difference I can see between the two MFG#'s are the spout rotator set ups one uses a pulley and v belt the other uses the more modern tube and cord or cable.

rokon2813
Cool that tells me mine is a 311 also. Thanks