Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Tractor safety...run lassie, Dougs hurt....!!!

Heres a good one for ya... This morning when i got home from work, jumped on the sov and started tilling my garden....the right hand lift lever fell back, (must not have been set) got caught in the chain on the back tire and dang near tore my foot off....becarefull out there friends my foot is black and blue.... These tractors are GREAT fun, do load of work but heads up theres always potential danger. PS. i was looking back at the perty rows i was making....gotta love it. DougM

MDB
Ouch, that sounds like you were lucky there Doug, Hope you didn't get hurt to bad...

Dadsy98
Sorry for your pain Doug, But, Where was the camera? Another photo opportunity lost! Can this be re-inacted after you recover?. This would be a great safety feature for the club.

Leroy
Doug lemme get this understood, The right hand lever? Mine is on the left. I have a bar on the right and it pretty near hits the floor when i drop the left handle but my handle doesnt hit the tire even at it's lowest point it hits the fender. Were your fenders modified to allow the tire chain access to the handle? The chain your refering to is on the tires? Did that cause a over torque conditing and kill the engine or did it chomp on your foot until you could shut it off. It seems like a chomping condition would be prefered than an over torque because your foot would be stuck untill you could rock the thing or get some help to free your self. I'm not laughing it dont think it is funny I dont know another way to ask.

rokon2813
Best way to solve that would be remove that RIGHT hand lift lever and send it to me for disposal.....LOL

KSever
Doug, Sadly to say I guess the Safety Glasses didn't work on the foot there buddy;)

SmilinSam
quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
Best way to solve that would be remove that RIGHT hand lift lever and send it to me for disposal.....LOL
These guys are all heart ain't they? :D

Kent
Doug, How badly are you hurt? That could do some serious damage...

Ill get a pic on how later...the right hand lever will drop to the running board leroy..., unless theres a foot in the way, bruised no broken bones, never would have even guessed on this one. Im guessing it dropped, my knee pushed it over, past fender onto foot....i yelled so loud my dog ran and hid....felt like it was in a vise... Yup without the kindness of fellow club members dont know what id do:D the button caught on a link on the chain. I dont think the lever is loose but it CAN drop all the way down. Oh well beware of loose levers and fast tire chains..... Everyday, before i get in my rig, i check it over, faithfully, oil, tranny lube, tracks, drive, coolant, look for missing bolts ect....will be looking over sov before operation in future.... no im not sending the lever away, Kris, im still wearing the greenbay packers safety glasses at work, boy do i catch heck for that. 10-4

KSever
Take Care Doug and I hope your foot gets better.B) BUT I can pick that lever up anytime, bet if I was there this morning I could have had it real cheap:D;)

MPH
Glad to hear you didn't break anything Doug. You now have just cause to invest in a pair of lug tires. Them Chains look mighty handsome on the grage wall, hangging nice and straight all summer..MPH

Boney
Doug I hope you feel better soon. Ya know that lever would be a nice start to building a tractor. lol lol lol

MDB
Hope your foot gets better real quick:)

Geez guys, dont know what to say:I wasnt shopping for sympathy just kind of a public service announcemnt. Foot will heal, heart is broken however knowing my tractor would hurt me like that:(

Dadsy98
Did you ever see the movie Maximun Overdrive? It might of already started :) Steve

stormy2163
Hope your foot is feeling better and your feelings. Stormy