Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
cooley46

6111 mowing deck

cooley46
recently bought 6111 broadmore III simplicity tractor with mowing deck. i have mowed 1 hr. and have shreded two deck drive belts. can anyone give me some info about whats wrong

UCD
The first thing is were they OEM belts. If not that might be your biggest problem. Simplicity belts are designed to be run with back side idlers and twists aftermarket belts are not. It is a lesson just about everyone here has learned.

goatfarmer
Make sure all the idler pulleys turn free,and are not binding.Also check all the pulleys for sharp edges,or burrs.

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
Make sure all the idler pulleys turn free,and are not binding.Also check all the pulleys for sharp edges,or burrs.
Also make sure your belt guides are located properly. They'll chew up a belt real quick.

UCD
These are The Simplicity OEM Belt#'s MFG# 1690274 36" Rotary Mower Arbor Drive Belt# 1713549 Lenght 70.1" Type HA Blade# 1657589 Qty 2 MFG# 1690412 42" Rotary Mower Arbor Drive Belt# 1668066 Lenght 120.1" Type HA Blade# 1656147 Qty 3 MFG# 1690413 48" Rotary Mower Arbor Drive Belt# 1703466 Lenght 126.1" Type HA Blade# 1656146 Qty 3

This Belt runs on 2 back side idler pulleys which aftermarket belts were not designed to do

cooley46
ordered simplicity belts and new deck wheels from sandy lake impliment. now i have the best mowwer i have ever owned.thanks for the help. cooley