Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Broadmoor

Hello Mark - some more info would be helpful: Are you thinking about a new Broadmoor or second hand? What size property do you have to mow? What size driveway? What area are you located? How much and how often is the average snow? How much will you inconvenienced if you can not plow yourself out?

Before I bought my Simplicity single stage snowblower, there were people who told me I would be happier with a self-propelled walk behind. Well... anybody who agrees with that is either a big fat dummy or a big fat liar! My tractor mount clears a wider path, I can move 3 to 4 times faster, and will blow snow much deeper than the blower, and is a whole lot easier, esp since I have an east-west driveway and when it is windy I can only blow going the same direction as the wind(unless I want to get blinded by flying snow). Overall, a very impressive piece of equipment. I have no experience with the spreader or aerator. Simplicity has the best mower deck on the market, no contest. Altough the new Deeres are getting closer now than in years past.

Hi Mark, Since Jeff hit on the items I would need to know to really comment, I'll toss in some generals. We have sold a number of Broadmores and for us, we still sell as many as we do the less expensive Regents. I feel they are worth it. If you get one of the real recent ones the Controlled Traction differential is an asset with the snowblower. They work well with a blower. You will need weights and chains. We also put fluid [windshield washer fluid] in the tires of many that are used on hillsides etc. Fill only to the valve when it is up [at 12:00 o-clock]with the wheel standing up. Two wheels take approximately 7 gal. total a little more or less depending on which tires you have. They are a very nice tractor and mow beautifly. The quick detach mower is nice also. Re: the tractor blower vs. walk. If you have a lot of sidewalks with 90 degree corners and not so much driveway a walk behind may be worthy of consideration, mainly due to turning the square corners. If you have a good sized driveway, the tractor offers a lot of advantages. Good luck, I know you will love the tractor if you get it. We have never had any one tell us they were disappointed or unhappy with one of these tractors. Al

Considering purchase of a Broadmoor and am curious about any experience people may have with the Simplicity implements, such as spreader, snowthrower and plug aerator. Are these worthwhile or am I better served to just rent the aerotor when needed and get a free-standing snow-thrower, etc? Also any experience using a snow blade on the Broadmoor? Thanks

Thanks,everyone, for the input. I live in Indiana and some years I barely use a snow shovel. It just so happens that I am looking for a tractor during a recent heavy snow and have noticed some of the neighbors with various rigs. I probably don't really need a snowthrower, upon further, practical reflection. My drive is about 20' wide and about 50' long. I do have straight sidewalks. The house sits on an acre of grass and there is a "wild" area of about 1/2 an acre out back. Not sure what we will do with this yet, but must keep the weeds mowed. I've heard a lot of positive comments about the mower deck. No negatives. Have been looking at the Deere LX 277 as well but Broadmoor has risen to the top for me. I never heard of the fluid in the tires routine, but it makes sense as ballast. Well, I have never been excited about mowing grass but I am beginning to look forward to the mowing season.