Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
DaveM

5015 Allis

DaveM
A friend of mine is looking to trade in his 5015 AC for a newer tractor with more hp. I told him that I may be interested in purchasing the tractor from him instead. It is a tractor only with a 15 hp diesel engine and 2wd. My question is this: Do any club members have this model of tractor? If so, what are your comments on it, and what would be a fair price to offer him for it? If I could get an idea of what others have paid for their's in the past, it would help me out a lot! DaveM

Steell
There is a AC 5020 for sale near here, with a 60" snow blower and a 60" finish mower. Motor has 50 hours on it since rebuild. They are asking $5500 OBO, and it has been for sale for over a month. Don't know if that helps or not. Steve

UCD
One just sold on ebay with loader and if I remember right it was 4wd for $2800.00.

darylcress
They were a pretty reliable tractor with few major problems. Most parts are still available from Agco. They were offered as a hydro and gear drive. The 3 cylinder engine was much nicer than the 2 cyl. in the 5020. The only problem I am aware of is rear PTO shaft breakage when running a bush hog type mower on the back and not having a good slip clutch. A nice tractor as far as I am concerned. Good Luck.