Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
tman

NEED HELP 725!!!!! NO START! ANGRY!

tman
rebuilt carb new fuel lines and it starts but wont run good so i adjusted the carb and now it runs fine in the top end but no idle so i let it sit over the winter and now no start at all the valves and spark are fine no gas gettin to the cylinder Ideas? THanks to all in advance

BLT
Plugged gas tank, varnished gasoline? Today's gas has a short shelf life especially the reformulated stuff.

ReedS
Check for fuel at carb inlet by removing fuel line and observe for fuel flow if there is fuel flow at line check float and needle valve if float and needle valve are free check jets for dirt/varnish. Also if your engine will not idle it could possibly indicate another problem. It would be good idea to check gaskets at the carb to manifold and also at the manifold to cylinder. If there is a bad gasket at either point it may result in a vacuum leak which could cause the engine to either run poorly and/or not start. Also there are 2 gaskets at the upper manifold mounting point 1 between the manifold and the shroud and 1 between the shroud and cylinder. These gaskets can be difficult to install and also to check but if there were a problem here it may be causing the symptoms that you are having. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Terry9
I use Stabil in every gas can i fill up. Keeps the gas fresh. Especially if you don't run your equipment all that often.

Agricola
I try to run the gas out of the carb it the machine is going to sit for a while. I shut it off at the tank and let it run till it dies. I have done this with many machines and never have had a problem starting them.

ROBBYDOB
Stabil rocks! Remember all that work you did on your carb? May need to remove it and clean out the bottom jet and the bowl areas. Gas is cruel when sitting, and it may well be clogged up again. Been spending the last two weeks getting old timers like that goin' again!