Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
torinwalker

Anyone know suitable steel rim/wheel suppliers?

torinwalker
Gentlemen, I've recently lost a wheel due to severe rust, and now must search for a replacement rim... The tires on these rims are 23 x 8.5 - 12, and I know from talking with a retail outlet that the "- 12" refers to the wheel diameter. From measuring the wheel's bolt spacing, it's 5 bolts on a 4.5" diameter circle. I must find a supplier for these unusual (or not so unusual?) rims, but have searched 14 suppliers without luck. I'll keep searching, but if you happen to know of one who specifically can supply the above time rims, I would greatly appreciate your help. Torin...

IronPony
I think that is kind of a standard size wheel on garden tractors. Put an ad in your local paper saying you will haul away non-running garden tractors. You might be surprised what you get. Dan

UCD
Any Lawn Equipment dealer, Your Simplicity dealer. Ebay etc. A local lawn mower repair shop might just have some used ones. 23" is the tire diameter 8.5" is the wheel width. There are some just listed in the ebay forum.

MPH
8 mph

IronPony
Here is a set of rear tires 23x8.50x12 currently on eBay for auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2341720111 Just go to edit, select all and copy then put it on your browswer line and bingo you can see the auction. Good Luck, Dan

THere is also the club classifieds......

UCD
Dan All you have to do is point to the link that you posted and click on it. It will go there no need to do what you said. Select all highlites the whole page to be copied.

IronPony
UCD, it did not show up in blue so I did not realize it was a hot link. Thanks - Dan