Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
simplicity707

my neighbors decision

simplicity707
Yesterday, I was talking with my new neighbors who just moved in next door, and they told me that they were going to look at a rider tonight. I asked them what kind and they said a Simplicity:D! They told me it was a one owner tractor and that it was 10 years old. The guy had just recently died, and it was in his daughters yard. We'll she got mad because she didn't want it in her yard so, she put it up for sale. They told me it was $300.00 or best offer. I guess they offered $250.00 for it and she took it. Last night before they left, I was talken to him about it, and he also said that there was a John Deere for sale. I told him, You'd better go with the Simplicity, so I didn't have to be the only on the block with a Simplicity. He kind of pondered the idea. I also told him that if he needed any help with it, or needed help running it, i'd help him. When I went out to feed the dog this morning, I see it on there back patio. It looks nice. It looks like a 4211?? or something like that anywayze. So did I do good telling him to get that instead of the green?? Thanx,,

HubbardRA
That sounds like a "good" neighbor. Of course a "bad" neighbor would have told them to buy green, and then bought the Simplicity himself. I wonder what I would have done?

stormy2163
:DWe all know what you would have done}:)lol;)

Agricola
Aw heck, I would have bought both and the sold the Deere. Gotta get some spending money somehow.

Stoneheartfarm
I would have bought the Simplicity, and then resold it to the neighbor when the Deere broke. :D Steve

simplicity707
I went to investigate the Simplicity this afternoon. I found out that it is a 4212 Hydrostatic. It came with a bagger also. She told me that they paid $300.00 for it. The lady would not take $250.00 for it. The only thing they could not figure out was how to lower the deck. I showed them the thing on the right to lower, (was I right on how to lower it?), but it did lower the deck. She didn't think that was how to lower. He is going to fire it up tonight and maybe let me drive it!! Thanx for all the replys so far,,dave p.

Dadsy98
the complexicty of the SIMPLE tractors disturbs most folks. They just want a rider to jump on and mow the lawn. When it dies a horrible death, they just buy another one. The folks down the road have a track record, right around May or June they buy a new rider... Husky :(

bigcountry
I woulda bought both....and kept both. No need to show bias here, if anything, I'd use the Simplcity for parts for mine...it needs a lot of electrical work.

Joer
I bought the Prestige instead of the Deere Gx335, Cub 3235, toro 520. I'm Happier than a pig in sh.... with it. Orphan Case/Ingersoll 222 tractor lookin' for a home.

Tacey
My next door neighbor bought a new Deere [:0] after asking my opinion on what to buy. I'm happy with his decision tho', cause I still have the prettiest lawn on the block. Some people just don't get it. Tacey