Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Chris727

Tire size for Homesteader 8

Chris727
I have an early style Homesteader 8 and need to put new tires on it. When i bought it three years ago it had studded carlisles and I put new 15x6-6.00 turf savers on it. It turns out the turf savers are too wide and the grease fitting on the front of the axel wore a hole into the tire. I want to stay with a turf tire, does anyone know what size I should use? Thanks. -Chris

UCD
It calls for a 3.5" wide wheel. I could not find tire spec's any where. So I would say the tire would be a 15x3.5-6.00 or a 15x4-6.00

goatfarmer
The 8 must be completely different from the 7. I've got a Homesteader7,and it has a tiny hard rubber like tire on the front,with no size listed.

TomSchmit
I believe it had the same as the Broadmoors: 5.30/4.50-6 stud tread, just like the ones that were on it.

Chris727
Kenny, the Homesteader 7 and 8 are different just about every way except for the color. Maynard, Tom, thanks for the suggestions, I guess I'll see if a turf for a 3.5 inch wheel rim is available and If not I may look for studded tires, but I prefer the turf. Thanks again. -Chris