Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
alanscott

Power down on the belly blade

alanscott
Here's the 920 with the bracket to apply down force on the grader blade. I still need to fine tune the throw on it, it tops out about 2 1/2 inches low, but there is plenty of lift :) [img]http://home.bresnan.net/~fast_freddy/DSC00013.JPG[/img] [img]http://home.bresnan.net/~fast_freddy/DSC00014.JPG[/img] [img]http://home.bresnan.net/~fast_freddy/DSC00015.JPG[/img] [img]http://home.bresnan.net/~fast_freddy/DSC00016.JPG[/img] [img]http://home.bresnan.net/~fast_freddy/DSC00017.JPG[/img] [img]http://home.bresnan.net/~fast_freddy/DSC00018.JPG[/img] This is in the raised position. [img]http://home.bresnan.net/~fast_freddy/DSC00019.JPG[/img]

UCD
Alan All we need now is pictures of the rest of the set up.

dogboy
could this work on a broadmoor size tractor? whats the blade made from or is it a factory part? looks like something i could really use,if i can make one and make it work. thanks for the photo's

Kent
Wouldn't it have been a whole lot simpler to put it on a foot-dragger so you could EASILY stand on the blade? And some people think running boards are an improvement...;)

alanscott
Maynard, look at the third pic down, that's it. It pins to the hitch and to the lift cross shaft. I have it set up so it's opposing the rear lift, when one goes up, the other comes down. Next will be to get the rear tiller up and running. I'll have both on at the same time, the tiller to break the dirt up and the blade to level it. Michael, I originally built that blade/hitch for a B-10. I think Dutch has blades for sale on ebay, you'll just need to come up with a hitch. Kent, I hear ya. Remember, I was thinking of torching those running boards off of it. :)

Dutch
Alan, very nice and creative modification. Kirk (daddycat) was going to install heim joints for down pressure. I don't know if he has had time yet. Maybe we'll hear from him. Kent, see that....... just a little ingenuity = best of both worlds. Comfort of running boards WITH mechanized down pressure. Alan doesn't even have to break a sweat from jumping up and down on a piece of steel. ;)

jlasater
Or getting his legs messed up by accident.

MPH
I'm with Kent, but you did a fine piece of work there Alan, besides, you kept both side of this group happy..MPH

SmilinSam
Now if somone could come up with a way to make the blades with an adjustable pitch side to side worked from the tractor seat. This so one could cut angl;e for a ditch or such...

MPH
Been thinking about rack and pinion steering outta an old dodge mini van for that Sam. Not sure the tie rod end would handle the force well..MPH

Dutch
quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
Now if somone could come up with a way to make the blades with an adjustable pitch side to side worked from the tractor seat. This so one could cut angl;e for a ditch or such...
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Been thinking about rack and pinion steering outta an old dodge mini van for that Sam. Not sure the tie rod end would handle the force well..MPH
You guys are giving me too many ideas. Hydraulics would certainly be easiest.......... But, I've got a Cat grader made in the early 30's. It does everything a hydraulic grader does, however, it is 100% mechanical. Every angle and pitch is accomplished through gears and shafts. Hmmmmmm................

rokon2813
quote:
why couldnt you use the same style angle adjustment as the heavy duty snow plow?? Shouldnt be too much engineering...

SmilinSam
quote:
Originally posted by dutch
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
You guys are giving me too many ideas. Hydraulics would certainly be easiest.......... But, I've got a Cat grader made in the early 30's. It does everything a hydraulic grader does, however, it is 100% mechanical. Every angle and pitch is accomplished through gears and shafts. Hmmmmmm................
Been thinking about this for a year and even looked at a antique pull type grader with all the mechanical adjustments like you noted Dutch. Like you indicate MPH, I just cant set upon a suitable setup that wouldn't come apart from the stresses. Still looking though

SmilinSam
quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
quote:
why couldnt you use the same style angle adjustment as the heavy duty snow plow?? Shouldnt be too much engineering...
I'm talking about being able to tilt one corner of the blade or the other up and down.

KenK
How about mounting a cylinder on each end of the blade up to a bracket that bolts to the bottom of the tractor.Then make a pivot point at the front or back of the existing hitch.That way when the blade is tilted it could move up or down.

sun41bird
i just finished putting power angle on my front mounted plow blade using a 12 volt linear motor it works great

rokon2813
wouldnt have much ground clearance in the raised position but that too could be done Sam

MPH
When the grader blade is mounted on a FDT the operator can easily and cheaply put more presure on one side then the other. Normally worn out pin holes even gives a bit more...MPH

Dutch
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
When the grader blade is mounted on a FDT the operator can easily and cheaply put more presure on one side then the other. Normally worn out pin holes even gives a bit more...MPH
Marty, I guess you FDT guys need to be proud of something (anything), but does this little 10 year old kid look like he's having a problem reaching a grader blade on an RBT? [img]/club2/attach/dutch/stirrups1.jpg[/img]

KSever
Depends Dutch, How tall the 10 year old is and how long his legs are.;) If he's anything like my son was at 10 he had long legs and is now 1 foot taller than me at the age of 20.[:0]

MPH
No Herb, he don't look to be at all. maybe you should angle them ther stur-ups a little so he doesn't ruin his ankles trying to stradle them ther runnin boards..MPH