Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Boney

Nitrous

Boney
While this is not for me I thought I would pass it on as there may be a puller here that may find it of interest. http://www.zex.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=ZX&Category_Code=EAA

srwven
Think of how far you could throw the snow with that thing:D

Steell
Think of how many engines you could replace! [:0]

ReedS
Yup, looks like a stress test for a B/S eng. I wonder how much one of these old engines could take? The head gasket would be the one of the first things to go in my opinion!??

jkmustang1
Those are the hot ticket for giggle gas in a tuner car or a bike. Seen that installed on a t.v. show on the powerblock. Spike tv cable station. The powerblock is 6 or so car and truck shows back to back. Showen on the weekend. The breaks between the shows are hosted by a hot girl with a name to long to read let along try to spell LOL.

jlasater
nitrous without a fuel increase to prevent a lean-out? Ouch.

dvogt
I had a Snowmobile that I used to race that I put Nitrous kit on. after we got it worked out a the dyno it had a 40 hp "hit" off the button. without the nitrous it was around 72 hp. it cost us 1 set of pistons when the fuel pump cavitated due to not purging the air out of the fuel system before a run. a massive lean out & detonatoin blew both head gaskets , burned the side electrodes off the spark plugs & put holes through the tops of both pistons. When I first started using it with light loads I could get 12 runs out of a 2 lb bottle. after we got it tuned the way we liked I could get 4 750 foot runs out of a 2 lb bottle. needless to say I had to buy a couple more bottles & the guy at the shop that refilled the bottle always laughed when I stoped in on monday morn with my arms full of empty bottles