Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

PN#172048 headlamp

surviver2003

These headlights are for Simplicity tractors such as the 3410. Somebody had asked sometime in the past wether there is a replacement and/or substitute for pn# 172048 headlights. People indicated that NAPA had a match, but never said what it was. Also indicated aircraft supply and/or parts stores have a match, but again didn't say what it was. I've tried NAPA and a local aircraft parts place --- they didn't have a clue! The one bulb I have has T3606E on the base. Can anybody identify an NOS replacement for these head lamps? Bob

Bob, I was the one who suggested the aircraft route. I had been told these bulbs were used in planes. I haven't checked with my local aircraft maintenance people yet. I did do a search of the internet for the bulb # you have and found this post. I have listed the URL as well as the text of the post. Let me know how you make out. I need to replace 1 of the 4 in my AC 712S. Stan [url]http://archives.sailnet.com/arsearch/tartan/msg00756.php[/url] Re: [tartan-list] Bulb for Foredeck Light??? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- To: <tartan-list@xxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [tartan-list] Bulb for Foredeck Light??? From: "Tom Wells" <sailing_fool@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:52:32 -0500 Delivered-to: mailing list tartan-list@sailnet.net Mailing-list: contact tartan-list-help@sailnet.net; run by ezmlm References: <79DC00BB2B01D5118E1200508BB029700158F6B5@msxsanjose3.novellus.com> <007401c12b5f$b36ae860$ec6f0e3f@sailor2> <004301c12b6d$0695e140$7d96d1d8@oemcomputer> <003301c12b7e$c535de00$5c6f0e3f@sailor2> <001601c12b8a$53c0a5a0$62a6ba18@ERIC> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I checked out the MR-16 bulbs after Jim Bossier's note. No Cigar ... totally different base. Mine is a standard, round, dual contact bayonet base. The MR-16 has pin contacts in a rectangular base. The good news is, today I did find the bulb at a small marine shop. It was the last one they had, and there is no manufacturer name on it. The numbers on the bulb are T3606. It is identical to the old one in every respect, except that it WORKS. I'm going to use that number with a couple of the bulb suppliers and see what they have. Thnaks anyway, and also to all who responded. Tom ----- Original Message ----- From: "kimberlite" <kimberlt@optonline.net> To: <tartan-list@sailnet.net> Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 11:16 PM Subject: Re: [tartan-list] Bulb for Foredeck Light??? > TOM, > I BELIEVE IT IS EITHER A 20 OR 25 WATT MR-16 BULB AVAILABLE AT HOME DEPOT. > ERIC > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Tom Wells" <sailing_fool@mindspring.com> > To: <tartan-list@sailnet.net> > Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 10:53 PM > Subject: Re: [tartan-list] Bulb for Foredeck Light??? > > > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Ted Grahame" <egrahame@sympatico.ca> > > To: <tartan-list@sailnet.net> > > Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 7:46 PM > > Subject: Re: [tartan-list] Bulb for Foredeck Light??? > > > > > > > Tom, > > > If your combination light is a Forespar, forget the marine suppliers! > > > Forespar no longer stocks the bulb. Take it to your neighborhood > lighting > > > specialty store and see if they can help. I have been on the prowl for > the > > > same bulb for @ a week and may have finally located it at Lighting > > > Unlimited. I will keep you posted. > > > Ted Grahame > > > T27 #150, Thistle Dew > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > > From: "Tom Wells" <sailing_fool@mindspring.com> > > > To: <tartan-list@sailnet.net> > > > Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 7:10 PM > > > Subject: [tartan-list] Bulb for Foredeck Light??? > > > > > > > > > > T37 owners - Has anyone got the "numbers" for the floodlamp-style 12V > > > bulb > > > > (Double contact bayonet base) used in the foredeck illumination light? > > I > > > > went up the stick last weekend and retrieved the old burned out one, > (I > > > > checked - have power to the contacts) but there are no numbers evident > > > > anywhere on the bulb or the base. Just a stamped "USA" on ther brass > > > base. > > > > I have not found anything similar in numerous catalogs, nor on the > net. > > > My > > > > T37 is a 1979 boat, with the deck light and steaming light in one > > housing. > > > > > > > > Thanks in advance! > > > > > > > > Tom Wells > > > > T37 #224

Stan, Thanks for the info. I'm chasing down leads as time permits. If I can find some I'll get all they have and 3 are reserved for you. Will let you know how I make out, but may take a little while. Bob