Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
LeoB

42 inch mower deck on a B-112

LeoB
I have a 42 inch mower deck from a 63/64 era Landlord, I think it's part number 990285. I'd like to use it on my B-112. It looks like it'll fit from the measurements I've taken. I checked some of the cross reference charts and that seems to confirm it'll fit... I think! The question I have though is how do I figure which belt to put on it. Would it be the standard 42 inch deck belt or is there enough of a difference between the B-112 deck and the Landlord one to need a different belt? I hope that makes sense... my eyes are burning and I need to hit the sack. Leo

Kent
It will certainly fit the hitch pins. Are the center arbor drive pulleys the same size? If so, it should be the close enough... That is, unless your B-112 has one of those strange "double V" belts -- but I think they were B-210/212 only...

LeoB
Thanks Kent, I guess I'll give it a try. I don't have any funny belts under there so that's not a worry. This is also my first 42" deck so I don't have anything to compare with. It has a 4" center arbor pully on it as opposed to the 4 1/2" pulley on my 48" deck. That's probably standard, I just don't know. I'll check in the belt chart to see if I can locate the proper cat number for the belt.