Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Derrick for back of tractor

I hope to be able to use my AC620 to move rocks, logs and whatever and was wondering if some kind of a derrick could be bolted or welded to the back. The lift could be by way of a boat winch or come-along puller, or perhaps by a cable hooked under the tractor and attached by a hook to the top of the dozer blade at the front, which could than provide some hydraulic lifting power by raising the blade. Has anyone ever tried any of these? Success rate? Am I crazy to try? Thanks. Peter.

We made a derrick for our mod 700[smaller trac than yours] and it works wonderful.It simply hooks up to the rear lift hitch and when put on our hydraulic lift Sim.3112H will lift another machine's front end about 12" off the ground for easy moving/towing!See a pic of in in the gallery under Dave's 700! dlc

Hi Peter, I have used my tractor and a heavy duty trailer to haul rocks and other heavy stuff around my yard. I have a real heavy fish net that I put chain links of the type that screw together around the opening of the net and then rap it around the rock and close the net opening with the screw links. I then take the hook from the comalong and hook it to the links. Next I run the cable from a comealong from the hitch on the back of the tractor to the rock and then pull the rock up into the trailer by way of ramps. I had to recently take a 2x2" peice of steel and mount it on the touge of the trailer to keep the cable high enough so as the rock or rocks won't dig themselves into the dirt so much while pulling them. I am going to make a trailer to which I will mount a boat hand winch on the tounge so that it will be high enough to do the same thing as the comealong but the trailer will be big enough so I can transport my tractor on also when needed and also handle larger things that need to be moved. This is how I move most of the stuff and it works pretty darn good and its easy on the back. I hope this helps somewhat even though its probably not quite what you had in mind. Best of Luck->happyjack<-

On our simplicty 700 we used the old hitch off the worn out tiller and a rod in the rear lift.. We were able to haul logs very well and some stones also with a little modification we installed a ball on it for pulling a full size trailer. Only problem was that the frount wheels would come off the ground when over loaded