Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-112 color

LeoB

I just finished a search of the forums trying to find a concensus on what color is best to use to repaint my B-112. I had thought to leave it the way it is with all the accumulated years of experience marks, but am now concerned that if I follow that course, it'll rust away on me. I'm thinking that I'll just do one piece at a time, so a rattle can is probably the way I'm going to go. I saw that there was mention of New Holland yellow and several other color options. I'm not going to be showing this thing, but I would like it close to the right color. After reading everything, I'm just not sure what is available or what you guys have decided works. Can someone enlighten me. Thanks, Leo

good morning, I can maybe help you with both your options......................painting and color. but get a hold of me a.s.a.p! by the way I never heard from the kid. rob

I used equiptment yellow from Tractor Supply and am very pleased with the results. I used the spray cans for the primer and the finish coat.The brush on primer was used for the two coats on the underside of the mower deck.They do have both the primer and the finish coat in the cans which does make it convient. Be careful with the brush on primer if you apply it too heavy you may get some streaks. Look up "tractor supply.com" for the nearest dealer. The color looks almost identical to the original B110 to me

well, the overwhelming lack of response must mean the answer lies in the archives or it's just not that big a deal. Unfortunately, it's just not the clear in the archives. Oh well, no problem.... I just kinda thought that this tractor might one day end up in some club members collection and if it did, it would be nice to have it be the right color or close to it. I guess green and purple is good as any other color, and I like Purple so be it. By the time I'm ready to give it up, this tractor will be a dinosaur anyway. Thanks anyway

Leo, I can't find a shade that's currently available that's a very close match. The lightest shade of Caterpillar yellow may do it -- there's one shade that's far too dark (almost like Gulden's mustard or something).... The paint I used on my HB-216 and Big Ten has been discontinued by Rustoleum... :(

I used old shade JD construction yellow on mine. Don't recall which way'lighter or darker' 'yellower or golder' then cat yellow I felt it was at the time. Don't seem like its been 3 years ago...MPH

Guys, thanks.... I had a rotten day at work yesterday and kinda took it out here. That last post was out of line on painting the tractor purple. I appreciate all the advice offered. I don't plan on showing the thing anyway, so close is going to be good enough. I'll see what I can do. Leo

I thought purple and green was a good choice. You could tow a trailer in your local parade with Barney in the back, or maybe do kid's birthday parties:p It's sometimes frustrating finding the info on this site, but trust me, it's all there somewhere. I plug away in the search bar and usually find what I need. No big deal about venting, could have been worse, like sending your boss a pi**ed off email and not being able to retrieve it !