Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Legacy Belly Blade

MarkE1

Legacy Belly Blade Specs (designed spicifically for Legacy) [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/MarkE1/BBlade10.jpg[/img] Price: $260 Hitch & Blade 1. The blade is 56" wide. 2. 8" tall. 3. Angles 30 deg. 4. Fastens at the same hitch point the mower deck does in front. 5. Lifts from the same as the mower deck in the rear with chains. 6. The blade is made of 1/4" flat stock. 7. The hitch is 3/8" flat stock. 8. Weight is 75 lb.s 9. Mounted studs to hang extra weight on (Do to the weight of shipping, blade is sold without weights) 10. Can be shipped as 2 units (Hitch & Blade) 11. Buyer pays shipping. (I may be willing to drive part ways depending on mileage) 12. Payment- Cashiers Check or PayPal **I also have more pics in my profile.

Let's make it easier... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/MarkE1/BBlade10.jpg[/img] That certainly looks like a great tool for people with gravel driveways!

Mark, how wide is it? I sell the 42" serrated grader blade, but a few of the Pow'rMax guys would like 54" or 60". What is the hitch, modified factory, or your design made from scratch?

Thank You Kent!!! That helps!! Dutch: The blade is 56" wide. As far as the hitch, I designed it from scratch. The blade also swivels 30 deg. either direction and locks in place w/a pin. The handle for the pin is sticking out on the side but you can't see it well because of the angle of the picture. I've added bolts on the back side to hang weights on to help it dig in since there is no down pressure.

quote:
Originally posted by MarkE1
Any Legacy owners need one? I'm wandering if theres a market for them.
Mark, the best way to determine if there is a market for the blade is to ask. Just post a topic with as much info as possible and answer the questions asked. Some of the questions will probably be: 1) How much will your blades cost? 2) What are the blade specs (height, thickness, weight, material)? 3) Are the blades factory made? 4) Is there a minimum production run? 5) What is the delivery time? 6) Must orders be prepaid? 7) Is a hitch included? 8) What tractors will the blade fit? 9) Will you ship the blade? 10) How do you accept payment (cash, check, PayPal)? The 42" blades I offer are factory made. I offer them on this forum at $99 prepaid before I place a factory order. I also keep some in stock and offer them locally and on eBay at $124.95. Here's a link to my current eBay ad with the pertinent info. > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20544&item=2342525592 I can get wider blades made, but they must be ordered 25 at a time. So far, the interest for the wider blades has been limited. Not enough to place an order for 25.

Thank you Dutch! That helps! This blade is custom made for the Legacy. Primarily because that's all I have to get measurments from. I designed it myself and had a local welding shop make it. It is one tough unit. I couldn't believe how professional it looked when I got it back. You would think a big name manufactured it if you didn't know it. Price wise, I was thinking $200-$250 dollars for the whole unit minus weights. Mainly bacause of the add weight for shipping. You can get flat stock steel @ a minimum cost. 2x4 flat stock weighs about 30# a ft. and may only run you $15-$20. I have a one ft. pc. on each side. This blade will angle 30 deg. either direction and the hitch and angle bracket are one in the same unit. I can have any number made there is no minimum, which is pritty nice as well.

Has anyone seen the early grader blades where they actually had stirrups to place your feet. Lawyers would have a field day with that one nowadays.

Mark, I'm a Legacy owner who is interested. Dutch has provide some very good questions and some of which have been answered. What are the blade Specs?

Mark, Did you buy your tractor at K&L in Fort recovery? I thought you might be from ohio when i saw the picture with the decal on your tractor.I am from Greenville ,ohio moving back there this weekend even though i have a kidney stone that has to be removed.Just thought i would ask.What other orange do you have?

agc0918, i did buy it from k&l. i traded my sunstar on it which i baught used. i got nearly what i paid for it on trade. i am in the process on making other att. as well. i'd like to take my blade and use it as a 3pt. system as well. it's just a matter of lifting arms. thank you for your input!!!!!!!

legacy, sorry it took me a while to get back! the blade is 56" wide and about 8" tall. it does angle 30 deg. it fastens to the tractor at the same hitch point the mower deck does in front and lifts from the same as the mower deck in the rear with chains. i do not know how much the unit weighs, i actually never thought of it. i will find out though. i designed it very strong but light weight so you dont kill yourself attaching it. you will have to add weights to the blade since there is no down pressure. i add about 60 pounds after ive attached it and that seems to work really well. more or less could be acheived very easily. the blade is made of 1/4" flat stock. the hitch is 3/8" flat stock. again, it's light weight but strong. shipping wise, buyer pays shipping. i can ship it as two units (blade and hitch) if close enough i might be willing to meet half ways. payment wise i would prefere prepayment. either bank check or paypal (i will have to check on that, i think my wife has an account) time frame would probably be around 2 weeks. this would give my guy time to get one made up and for me to shoot a coat of paint and ship. thank you for you reply!!!! have i left anything out? (sorry!!!!!!)

Grader blades, to have one is to love one. Put mine on the B-112 the other nite to cut down some sod to natural gravel for a sidewalk to my shop. What a nice job. Being a footdragger, I was able to stand up on the blade, more on either side, and peel the sod off the dirt first. Still lacking a bucket to haul the clean fill gravel back in, dang wheel barrows..MPH

MPH: I'm like you, I hate wheelbarrows. That's why my next project is a bucket for the back of my Legacy. It will hook on the 3pt. Mark

Mark, Before you design a bucket for your Legacy. You should check out the Johnny Bucket Jr. at www.johnnyproducts.com I have a JBJr. for my Legacy and Love it!

Thanks Legacy, I'll do that! You must have a 3pt. then as well huh? Do you have any other attachments for it? You can see my boom in the photo as well. It's really handy for moving my dozer blade and mower deck when I change them at seasons. Are you interested in the Belly Blade? If you are send me a PM. Mark