Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hello

Guest Alm

hi,i'm Al m,and have just joined.A couple weeks ago i traded a brush cutter for a old garden tractor.Turned out to be a 63 landlord.It is incomplete and had the wrong engine.the engine turned out to be a 1929 3hp briggs model r.Yesterday I traded that engine for a ac b112,or that is what it is suppost to be according to the previous owner.The ac is complete with a 42"mower,hyd lift and runs.My plan is to make 1 out of 2,& because the landlord is "straighter",I will most likely call the more complete ac the donner.Looking forward to this project & this site. Al

Welcome to the club Al. Part out a B112?????ouch, thats a sweet machine. Sounds like you need to hang around long enough before you start to find landlord parts, there here if your not in a rush for some good deals..MPH

Al Welcome to the club. Personaly I think I would fix up the Allis B-112 You said it was mostly complete less parts to find and the quicker you could be useing it. That hydraulic lift in the B-112 is priceless. (almost) Those hydraulic lifts are worth as much as a nice running tractor. Hope you change your mind.

The B112 is a longer wheel base heavier tractor. It and the sov. are sisters. I'd fix the B112. I have a Big ten and a B12 and they are Landlord size. They are nice units and I wouldn't part with either one. The B112 is just nicer because of size. Landlord won't take a 48" deck and the B112 will. Just a thought.

Thanks for the welcome,I am going to pick up the ac tonight.Although the previous owner told me it was a 112,it does not look like what I seen on this site,more modern& darker orange.I will repost after a better look fo advice on what model i may have(the previous owner detroyed the side panes to get a bigger battery & gas tank in,it is ugly,&no markings). Thanks Al

Al, post pics of them if you can. Makes it much easier to help id and then we can all give you opion as to which to keep, sight unseen, I say both...MPH