Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JB

Dandy Boy 2-wheel tractor

JB
I would like to thank Karl Brandt for his quick response and information about my 2-wheeler.We always thought Simplicity made it for M. Wards but looks like The Midland Co. made the 2-wheelers for them.They used Simplicity attatchments though........JB.[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/pair_of_wards.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/pair_of_wards.htm[/a]

Kent
I'm getting in over my head here, but according to Charles Wise (another member & founder of the Yahoo Antique Garden Tractor Club), both Simplicity and Midland made walking tractors for Montgomery Wards, at least in the 1950's... Exactly when Midland came into the picture, I'm not sure. But, Simplicity started in 1938 (I think that's when, check Les's History on the Simple trACtors home page for sure). I'm also not sure, but I think that Midland made the smaller, less expensive ones, while Simplicity made the bigger "top-of-the-line" ones. The attachments were, I think, interchangeable.

JB
Kent,on the name plate under 40 yrs of grime it said "Montgomery Wards Power-Trac"the below that it said"MID.# 1320".That is what I was going by.Would it be safe to assume it was made by Midland?......JB.

JB
Kent,I re-read the history page....alot of good info there.I see the Big-10 was a 65-66 years only.A friend of mine was going to haul one of those to the scrap yard 3yrs ago.It now resides in my building with a snow-thrower I got from John in Wisconsin.Gotta love them old tractors!...........JB.