Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractors and Parts locator...

rokon2813

I am currently getting ready for a very large 4 day swap meet. First time Ive been to it but Ive been told there are always 200 plus booths. If anyone is looking for anything special or hard to find and would like me to, I will stick a small note book in my pocket and get you a name and phone number of where your item may be located. This is probably the wrong forum for this but I just thought of the idea and this would be where it gets the most exposure, the quickest. The meet is Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'll be going Wednesday afternoon with my third load and staying in a camper but will probably come home one or two nights and my wife will be checking here and in the "wanted" classifieds for me. For those of you close who might show up at the Alexander Steam Show I will be directly behind the pulling track, North side of the driveway, I think second row right on the end. Since noone has yet objected to me putting up a "simpletractors member" sign, there will be one. I would enjoy meeting more members. For anyone else interested, I have already spotted an old Simplicity Vairiable tractor and been told he is asking $150. Havent had time to talk to him so I dont know the exact year / model as there was no hood on it when I saw it drive by. Sounded good though and I think it had a deck on it.

Alexander New York September 4,5,6,7 Halfway between Buffalo and Rochester South of Batavia Any locals want directions? Route 20 3/4 mile west of Route 98 to Gilate (sp) Rd 3/4 mile north on the west side.

I most definately will do some pics. For got to get one of my first load though. Pics of the meet are a promise though.

Hey, I'm still looking for a starter/generator end cap for the Simplicity Landlord, and a 42" mower deck. I would greatly appreciate any contacts you can drum up. Torin...

Dan, Good Luck with your booth. And I hope that Simple Tractors sign is a big'n!! A bit far for me too, heck, Nubian's was about my limit anymore.;) [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

Admission is $5 There are too many events to list. Here is a link to their list.. http://www.wnygsea.org/2003show.html And their main page http://www.wnygsea.org/ Hope to see you there.

Callwill; I forgot to mention, many of the vendors have learned to put out a little "women stuff" so they have something to look at so the men can look longer. Ladies here are excluded from that since you obviously like tractor stuff, but most women want to go with their man but dont wanna stand around bored while the man checks out every little "piece of junk" at every booth. So many of the booths will have knick-knacks and play-prettys around. I dont blame the ladies either. How many of you tractor guys would honestly enjoy following your lady around for hours at an Arts and Crafts show???

Dan, could you please look out for a trigger module for the k241 if theres anything related to that there. Im not having any luck at all with this. THanks

Dan, I'm looking for the snowblower mount to tie my Big Ten to the single belt blower. And the three point "cat 0" hitch for a Sears Suburban. Thanks Dav

Unfortunately guys, I found no parts anyone was looking for. As this was for older larger tractors, parts for smaller stuff were not that plentiful. There were some starter/generators (Torrin) but they were complete and useable and $45 to $60. No one seemed to have any parts for them. Kohler parts were rare and at a premium (maxtorman) as there was also tractor pulls here for garden tractors and all the pullers around here run Kohlers. No simp or a/c mower decks at all and I found only one regulator and it had a broken tab where the wire attaches so I didnt bother with it for the price he wanted. I bought only 3 a/c pieces and I bought every one I saw. Everyone I saw with category "0" stuff were also looking for the 3 point hitch parts (dav) so there werent any there for sale. I tried, sorry