Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bearing Splitter

Or at least that's what I think they're called. I don't own one; but I will soon! I didn't want to pull the cast sheave off the old engine with my two jaw puller so I gave it to a friend who said he had a bearing splitter and hydraulic puller.Now I need a new sheave because the old one is broken. This is from a Broadmoor 728 (Mfr. no. 577) and the part number is 163010. It is a cast pulley with 1" bore and 1/4 X 1/8 keyway. The O.D. is 3 3/16". There is no offset and the set screw is centered in the V groove. My Simplicity dealer shows a new part number for this with an O.D. of 2.88". I don't want to go smaller because, if anything, I'm trying to gain rear tire speed for pulling competition for my son. Does anyone have one of these laying in their parts bin? I'll pay a fair price plus shipping. Thanks in advance, Bruce

Hi Bruce You should be able to look in your local yellow pages and look in the bearings section. The local dealer I use is IBT they are nationwide another is motion industries. they will have the sheave that you want and a large size selection. You may have to go through a business to purchase parts but maybe not. Scott