Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Agricola

Another Simplicity?

Agricola
Here is the story... The man wanted to sell a 10hp vertical engine he tried to put into a Broadmoor and wouldn't quite fit. So I pay $70.00 for the engine. I hope to build a trailing mower to make for a wider path when I cut. But I can also buy the tractor it didn't fit into. It is a 303 type Broadmoor. Now this baby has the 10hp mounted and it sort of works. None of the sheet metal will fit but it is all there. When I go to pick it up, I figure get the 10hp and take a look at the Broadmoor. Wow, is this one ever clean. Tight steering, rebuilt mower, straight, straight hood and fenders, good tires, slightly rusted hub caps and bumper. Actually it looks like this one was not garage kept but maybe kept near the stove in the kitchen. Now there is also the locked up original engine with starter/generator, voltage regulator, carb, air cleaner etc. I figured for $50.00 more, I could not go wrong. This is my 5th Simplicity and I have not seen one with metal this nice. Oops, the seat is torn and I need to get a starter switch. The final sweet part is it was only a half hour drive from my home. Usually I have to go through a tank of gas just to get to the place the tractors are at. :D :D