Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lift Lever Questions

roneil

Twofold.. Tractor is Sov. 3012 Are there any adjustments to prevent the lift lever from popping out of the "up" position when the tractor encounters bumps etc. I have the exploded parts list for this, but don't really see any help. Also, I'm interested in finding a dual lift option to add on. Anybody know how rare these are? There's one on E-Bay and the bidding reached 75.00 on the first day. A little steep for me. Thanks, Bob

No adjustments, but dirt, rust, etc., or a bent lever or control rod can keep the catch from reaching all the way to the bottom of the stop notch. A worn catch or notch will not hold very well. Also, if someone has replaced the original spring in the handle with a weaker, universal spring, the catch will not hold well. As to the left hand lift lever, a used lever in very poor cosmetic shape brought $135 on e-Bay last winter. These are rare, and are not cheap unless buyers and/or sellers do not know what they have. I bought one in a pail of misc. parts at an auction sale two years ago, for a whopping $0.50. Pat