Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3410 Landlord I hope

simplicity707

Tomorrow me and my grandpa are going to look at a couple of 3410's sitting in the weeds. In the spring, I noticed they were put there, then the months went by, few more tractors came, weeds grew higher, so to this day, I hope there still there. I think there were two there to my knowledge, they looked complete, yes the engine was there, but no deck one the both of them. Now, a couple of questions for you, who out there has a 3410?, and also can you take a Broadmoor starter generator and mount it on a 3410?? in case this don't have one. Also how much would you pay for one? I'm hoping he will say,,"ran when put there, give me 50.00 and take both of them." I know i'm dreaming, but it's time to move up to bigger! I'll keep you updated on what happens. thanx,,

I've used a St/Gen off a Broadmoor before in a pinch out of desperation. Problem with those is that they are about an inch shorter than the ones on the bigger tractors and won't fit into the bracket on the bigger tractors like they are supposed to. My solution was to use a long bolt with threads all the way up to the head and nut that to the generator bracket on the engine. Then mount the rear tab on the generator to that bolt sticking out using lock nuts in front and behind it. The front(pulley side ) of the gen fits up to the front of the mount like normal.

A local man sells those starter/gens rebuilt for around 100 bucks Not sure about exchange. If you need contact info let me know Salt

I've got a 3410 LandLord. My first Simplicity,and my favorite tractor of the 7 that live around here.It's been repowered with a newer 11 hp Briggs.

Moving up to a bigger tractor, you'll soon forget about those broadmoors. The 3410 is a great tractor with much more attachment capabilities than the small frame tractors, If you can get them go for it! My first two simplicitys were small frame but they don't see any use now that I have my bigger tracors but I still really like the broadmoor's pivoting frame and it cut like a dream. Good Luck.

I went to talk to the guy this morning. This man came to the door, so I asked him if he'd be interested in selling those 3410's in the weeds, and he said that the landlord probably wouldn't sell them though. He had tons of other tractors besides them. I didn't even go and look at them 'cause we were pressed for time. So I didn't do so hot on this deal. Darn, cause I hoping to find one. Thanx for all the replys.

HEY Dave, don't give up that easy, find out who the landlord is, call him with a serious offer but not too high. Seems it was about 3 weeks, many, many phone calls, 2 or 3 trips to Fairbanks, 205 miles, after I knocked on several neibors doors to get the name of the owner, before I loaded my 4040 and 3314 on a borrowed 16 foot trailer. DESIRE...MPH

I'll talk to my grandpa and see if we can go back and get the name and number of the Landlord. I still hate myself for not getting the name and number of the landlord. The tractor itself looked pretty good except the weeds grown up around it. I'll see what I can do. Thanx,,

We'll I think i'm going to give up 'cause I can NEVER seem to get ahold of the guy to talk to him about it. The renter got mad 'cause he said we kept bugging him about it, but he never said that he would tell the landlord that there someone interested in it. I might try a few more times and if nothing i'll just give up. Anybody out there have a 64 Landlord just sitting around they like to sell?

Hey Dave, don't give up! Go to the court house and find out who the owner is. Then use your youth to help him make his mind up to sell or give that tractor to nice young man who is wanting to do something with it rather than just hanging out on the street. Good Luck. I will be praying for your success. Dan