Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Thank you...

JimC_Vt

Hello, My name is Jim L.,and I have not been to this site in quite some time,....the old Simplicity has been running well,up to a few weeks ago, when the R.H.hollow axle tube broke....I remembered this site ,and resigned up to be a member,....as I would be looking for parts or a "tranny" for this old 1966 Landlord 2010.... It did not take long at all to find a tranny,JimV from R.I. had one in the "for sale" colum,and you know I was quick to contact him and send him some cash for a new used tranny ..... The problem was shipping,I made Jim V jump thru too many hoops,and he finally bagged shipping the tranny and was going to drive all the way to Vt and drop the tranny off at my house (thats a 4.5 hour drive one way ) we were able to cordinate our time and we met at White River Jct,in VT/NH border and transferred the tranny to my van .... We had a nice breakfast at Dennys,great conversation and I have a new friend form R.I.,with the same crazy hobbies as myself ... It's the "exceeded expectations" from Jim V.that you just don't see now a days .....taking the time to deliver something ,he didn't get rich at selling, really impressed me.....!:I So here I am ....in Milton Vt,if I can help anyone let me know .... I also hope to post some pictures of the repairs,as I go along ....if I can figure out how :D And because of this site (and you guys with too much time on your hands ) I'm gonna repaint the old girl,and semi retire her ....oh,she has a 42" deck (built like a tank) and a single stage snowbloer,and the scraper blade I once owned ,will hopefully be returned ....(long story)... Thanks again Jim V. for a job well done .... Jim P.S. I would like to rebuild the old tranny (learning experience) so if you have any parts for a 3 speed tranny 1965 kicking around please let me know...

Jim, hear what your saying about the people of this site, been here about 3 yrs now and have a desire to travel east of the Missippi river again, place I haven't been since 1972..MPH

Thanks, Jim for the feeback... I have to agree that Jim Veira is a great guy... we've have several "business dealings" and he always bends over backwards to be "fair and square".... Did his missus come along? She's great also...

Hey UCD.....Rumor has it you guys got frost up there,is this true ??? I have friends that reside in Westfield.....I'm up there from time to time...I'll try to swing by and visit ,if time permits .....I want to fix the broken 3 sd.tranny,got any used parts ???? Thanks jim :D

Jim I don't have any used Tranny parts but alot of the guys in the club do. I know alot of people in Westfield. We didn't get a frost here in Newport but it was close.

Hello, and welcome back. i'm from colchester originally and still maintain a summer place in north hero. on one of my trips up north we'll have to get together. as far as an axle tube and other parts i'm getting ready to tear into a couple to rebuild. let me know what else you need. my next trip north will be columbus day weekend i believe. rob

I have tranny parts, have a variable tranny apart in the garage. Let me know what you need, I can get it to Rob.....

Thanks for the Kind words Guys. I have always enjoyed meeting new members and swapping toys. I think we all have that same thing in common, we love simple tractors and the simple things in life. I can't wait to see that landlord back together Jim...

Ok Guys... I need... 1). 1- hollow axle. 2). 1- (2 have been dinged so maybe three total ,one is shot)brass bushing (from inside diff). 3). The big steel washer p/n 154277 axle washer(near the c- ring...). 4). 2- of the large keys in good shape... My wish list is for an original muffler and the deck protector L.H. foot guard,stone quard .... This is for a 1966 3 speed tranny...(Landlord 2010) Thanks guys Jim

I too, have met Jim V. It was over a transaction, but I did get to check out all of his current stuff. Nice guy. Genuine. that's my 2 cents Terry