Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Member with Kudos and Questions

Guest Jef

parts are easy to get for most of the tractor and engine I am getting close to the point of starting mine. I believe 60 wonderboy 700 do you have the sieral # (located behind the seat ). The 1 thing that I have not gotten for it yet is the decal for the shift pattern. Hope to find 1 soon

Good to hear you're getting such a fine old machine as the 700 W'boy! I have one myself with the 32" deck.The problem you MIGHT run into is parts such as rods[if you need one] are NLA for this engine!Not even from Briggs,directly!That's at least what I found out.Rings, pistons and gaskets are somewhat more avail., I found out.Tractor shows are everywhere in the summer mos.I'm sure there's one or more locally by you.Usually held at county fairs. Good Luck with your project! dlc

First off this is a great Webpage with alot of info. Since joining I have been busy building my collection. With the purchase of a 3210V in running order. But recently I finally got the call I was waiting for a owner of a 1959 Wonderboy 700 willing to part with it. What I need is to know is it possible to still have a 19d 7hp rebuilt these days? As I am in the throws of restoring this fine machine. Along with my Father and his 1960 700 and 1961 725. Which leads me to ask where are all the Garden Tractor Shows held over the course of the year?

Thanks for the info it is greatly appreciated along with the sounds of support. Luckily the engine has no compression and hoping new piston and rings and a valve job will do. I do have the Model No. 990168 and Serial No. 3538. If anyone can pinpoint the year that would be great!