Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How many is to many?

KenK

I'm up to 17 tractors after todays purchase.I checked out some old A-Cs at guys home today.B-1,two B210's,36"tiller,3belt snowblower and 2 42" decks.They all run but need a little TLC,they sure did fill my trailer up.How about $475 for the whole lot.I'll get some pictures next week.

I have 5 at the moment. 4 are running. Due to storage space, that is one or two too many. Hopefully the club auction 7013S will be gone soon then it will likely be the 716-6 speed if the 720 works out. I'd love to have one with a deck on it full time, another with a tiller, another with a belly grader, another with dozer etc etc but I refuse to keep these machines outside. Brent

Brent, I appreciate your sentiments. I don't like the idea of any tractor sitting out and rusting away... I was trying to limit myself to 3, but then I was given this Gilson, whose fate is yet unknown... based on whether I can figure out the hydro problem (when I can find time to look at it)....

whats the best way to store a tractor out doors i have a ac917 im hopeing one day to fix up and i dont have covered storage for it rite now its under a bungeed tarp rite now

I have 11 with all but two inside, Sun41bird ask's a good question, What is the best way to store a tractor outside? I tried the tarp thing on a tractor a few years ago and swear it was worse than leaving it out. I think it traps the moisture in, more than it keeps it out, especially if its on the bare earth. When new tractors or quads are shipped I see they are on a big pallet and in a crate enclosed in plastic. Thats what I am gonna do this year with a few of them. Think Ill ask th question in Shop Talk and see if anyone has different ideas.

I've strung a tarp up on ropes tied to trees so if forms a kind of slant roof, used the kids old blow-up pool over two tractors, and just plain not had anything to cover them with. I've heard of using old truck caps (plain ol' shell type) as a roof over two or three tractors at a time, either resting on saw horses or right on the tractors.

I have a 4-wheeler cover I use on mine and its vented. It does pretty good and keeps the tractor dry when its outside. Currently I have 3 riders, one John Deere; a 1999 GT-235 54" cut, my Simplicity; a 1983 4211H 36", and a Dynamark 11hp with no deck. Hopefully after next weekend though, I'll have an all original 1974 John Deere 110.:D

Three so far:) My b10 is in Charlie's barn:) My 312h is at MDB's place And the B110 is still awaiting pick up next month at buddy Tim's place:) My tractors will come home soon shed will be here soon:D

Have 11, only five are good to go right now. Everything stored inside, even the implements. There's no such thing as having too many tractors or too much fun.:D

quote:
Originally posted by WaterlooBoy2HP
"The one with the most toys when he dies---WINS!!"
Just remember that when you die, your wife or relatives either sells the stuff at give away price or just calls in a dumpster to have it all hauled off. Seen it happen time and time again....

Now Sam ya ought to know by now that all my tractors will belong to my son when I'm gone.My wife giving away tractors? NO WAY. Got some pictures of the last haul.

Got lucky and got a good grille in the old B-1.

I have a 3212H being put together, Big Ten Unrestored, Cub cadet 100 Running but unrestored, Cub Cadet 2185, Cub Cadet 100 for my 8 year old son this is his Pulling tractor, My Jim Dandy Pulling tractor Blown engine, Economy/Power King Pulling tractor in pieces, and 8 HP Murry riding mower for my 4 Year old daughter Painted Purple.