Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

b210 engine drive connection???

I need some help my poor b210 has been a tinkerers toy and has under gone some strange engineering most of which with you alls help and a manual I've been able to repair. I'm almost done with it except for some cosmetics and a lever for the right side thanks to everyones help. However the engine to drive shaft connection still eludes me any one know what its made of and where to get a new one or materials to make one . Thanks in advance Mike

Mike, Are you talking about the round disk that the driveshaft yoke bolts to, if the B210 is like the Bs before it, that is a fiberglass disk. I once made one from a circuit board and it has run in the tractor for 26 years. Maybe the part is still available from Simplicity. Tim

If it is the same as the old simplicity wonderboy 700 I made mine out of a thick piece of rubber belting. I put this 1 underneath where you can not see it.I know the newer one's use the fiber glass disk the simplicity 3210 has that

Personally, I wouldn't take this part lightly. It's spinning up to 3600 rpm, and carrying the entire driven load you put on the tractor; ie. driving the tractor and any mid and rear powered attachments. That's quite a lot of stress, and I wouldn't want to hear what that sounds like when it flies apart. For $16, I'd buy the factory parts, and make sure you get the proper hardened bolts too, if the kit doesn't come with them. That's my safety warning of the day. Greg

Anyone ever have the starter/generator belt break at speed? Some years ago mine took out the fuel line, throttle cable, choke cable, and engine kill wire when it dies. That I sat with the engine running (on fuel in the carburetor bowl), fuel leaking everywhere, and no way to kill the engine. I used a screwdriver to short the spark plug and stop the engine but it was exciting for a while. Roy

Greg, I agree that the disc with spacers for $16.00 is a good way to go. But as far as the disc flying apart it really can't go anywhere. The one I replaced, with one I made from a heavy fiber glass circuit board, broke very uneventfully,the tractor just stopped moving. Tim