Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electronic Ignition Conversion

changed mine over almost 3 months ago and i love it very simple replaced the magneto and forget the points . i did leave the points intact but removed the wire to the points connect a new wire for the kill switch . I'm not all together sure what a new one cost as i got mine at a local salvage yard off a blown engine . 15.00 used so probably twice that new .good luck

Todd, I converted my Briggs over about 1 month ago and it is very simple to do I actually fixed a problem with my engine at the same time with getting the points wet from the snow. I believe I paid around $13 for mine here in SE Wisconsin. KS

Interested in converting my Briggs model 302431 to an electronic igintion system and looking for advise on same. Would like to hear from others who have done so on an older Briggs engine. Is it fairly easy to do, whats involved and needed to do the job, cost and relibility? Thanks in advance for your input.

Jeff, What does it cost to have the flywheel repolarized and how long does it take to get the flywheel back. What's the real scoop on the electronic ignition. I've been told you just bolt it to the frame and it magically knows when to fire the plug and having worked in electronics for over 35 years you know I believe that. Tim