Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bootleg233

Double Pulley

bootleg233
Hey all I was wondering if anyone knows if there is another double pulley that will fit the splines on the shaft of the allis chalmers 720 there at the clutch?? Because the pulley I have is stripped out in the center and it is impossible to locate one in these UNITED STATES. lol Anyway I was just wondering if another may take its place or should I just weld this stripped one to the shaft and be done with it........ Thanks again gcmiracle@charter.net :o)

bootleg233
Yeah Mel the shaft is fine but the double pulley center is smoothe as a babys butt. Looks like it has been put in a lathe lol and I have searched from east to west for a replacement pulley IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND!
quote:
Originally posted by Mel_W
If the splines on the shaft are still good I'd try real hard to find a new pulley, If the splines are not going to give a snug fit then welding is a reasonable option. Mel_W

Mel_W
what is the outside dia.& inside dia. of the spline also the # of splines? coulb be that something else uses this pattern and the, even a gear. Then have it machined and yuor good pulley welded to the new spline. Post the sizes and I'll chech with a local drive shaft ( machine shop) to see if they can find a match. Mel_W

slb04786
Have you checked at a farm supply store or fabricator. I have seen splined centers that you put in a pully or gear and then weld it. You select the size pulley and the size spline that you need and just mate them together. Stan