Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Paint Question,,

dlcentral

What color/type paint do you use when restoring AC tractors, as you can't get it from dlr anymore,?Does anyone out there have the paint code? thx,,

I paint cars for a living. This is what i have found.I use BASF paint witch has a RM and LIMCO line. For orignol Simplicity or AC I use the limco .This is the chepper of the lines. This comes in 1. 2 .3 .4 . no.1 is the old style paint. You can brush this on .No hardner needed. The paint code is 89597 . This is around 5 to 10 dallors a qt. Find auto paint supply store.

I used NAPA/Martin Senour acrylic enamel paint. I used Krylon spray primer and then used a spray gun to apply paint. The paint for my B-12 was mixed to a shade of Case Industrial Yellow. It's expensive, but I think it was worth the money. It's a close match, the paint seems tough, and it looks brand new, so I'm happy.

Dave, I use Martin Senour Cross/Fire acrilic enamel, Color code 4333 Allis Chalmers Yellow CR 233 medium reducer CH 254 hardener

Hope this helps:)

I have seen this one with my own four eyed peepers. That color is right on looks real good and so does the tractor. Maybe if I'm real nice when the time comes for the B10 I can talk you in to helping recoat her too.

I used the Omni brand on my 912H it was a "76" Corvette color was a very close match. I can get the number if any one needs it off of my extra can of paint. I think it was about $14 for a qt. of color plus hardner and reducer. Used about 2qts. for tractor and mowerdeck. I will attach a photo as soon as I find it.