Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AlfredGarner

16hp kohler

Salthart
At a Qt a day, Your long past time to do something..As to knowing what needs to be done..only someone seeing the engine can really say. Need to know things like how much oil is burned and how much is is pumped out. Then pulling the head and seeing the bore etc. In your case I'd think teardown, inspection, repair and rebuild. Quart a day is a lot of oil... Salt

MikeES
See the post on broken rods, using that much oil out of a K341??... I wouldn't run it at all unless you also want to add to the broken rod experience. It could be a bad breather but I would investigate, and determine the cause before using the engine again. History: Briggs will burn SOME oil and stay together, Kohlers do NOT.