Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Salthart

B-10 Hydro !

Salthart
Has anyone ever converted a B-10 to a hydro ? I have 1 running B-10 and 2 parts machines ( 1 only needs an engine ) And I also have a self contained hydro unit. it is a through feed with input on one end and output on the other. If it will run ok sideways, And if it will fit between the transaxle plates, I could maybe have a Hydro B-10 with 3 speeds ! Now wouldn't that be kewl ! Any Ideas ? Salthart I have to much time on my hands..LOL

SmilinSam
Theres been ideas battered around here , but those were with the idea of using a Simplicity or AC hydro out of a newer machine. Problems are mostly in seat deck not fitting over the transmission. Never considered using a hydro from another brand... Now your giving me ideas ....and I really don't have the time on my hands...not this winter anyhow. I 'd rather go build furniture in my other shop this time around. But, I do have a Gilson hydro transaxle unit with hydraulic lift sitting here and its a drive shaft drive straight into the pump from a engine mounted just like the Simplcities. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................ A foot control Hydro no less......Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... If I did that , that would mean I'd have to dig another loader out of the weeds somewhere though.......