Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

912 Running Poorly

JimV

My 912 (Kohler engine) runs awful, in fact, won't run much at all without the choke all the way out. Any ideas? I put in fresh gas, checked the plug, but still no better performance. I was trying to blow snow, but it is not that cold here (20's and 30's).

Hi Tim. I just had the same problem with my Kohler. Go to page 3 of this discussion board and look for the post I made named "Kohler starved for fuel." After I pulled the main needle and sprayed the carb out with Gumout the second time, it seems to have solved the problem, although I believe that I am still short on power. With this last snow everything seemed to be OK. I have been told that there is a rebuild kit for that fuel pump thing, I may have to buy one. Next year I am going to blow snow with my 7016, it has a Briggs!

Dollars to do-nuts,the carb. has debris/water or both in it plugging up the main jet.That's why the choke is needed to make it run! Gonna have to clean the carb.AND fuel tank AND fuel line I suspect. dlc