Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow Plow

mongson

Hi-Can anyone advise me on a snow plow blade for my 1998 Regent 14G. I know that I should get wheel weights and chains but I am not sure what I need for the snow pushing. Any assistance and information would be great! I am in Indiana if anyone has any of the necessary parts for sale. Thanks.

Chris, Best thing you can do is find a bigger tractor. The Transaxle will not hold up.[V] I have a 98 Broadmorr that is on its 2nd transaxle:(!:(.I am not the only one in our area that has this problem. I know 3 different owners. I live 40 miles east of you. Simplicity KNOWS they have a problem because the replacement transaxle is from a different company. If you are the orginal owner and can prove it you may be able to get Simplicity to pay for the replacement trans. I am the 2nd owner.The first transaxle lasted only 470 hours. When I contacted Simplicity technical the comment was made he was surprised it lasted that long. [:0][V][:0][V][:0][V]

you should look for somthing like mine....75 Broadmoor 5008 its original with the exepction of the motor( now a 12hp briggs) and the plow blade. im very proud of it I got it for $120!!! [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/simplicity.JPG[/img]

A 14g is gear driven tractor which I don't think you'll have any problems with.As long as you're not ram rodding it into frozen chunks.As far as hydro tranny problems in this model and the braodmorr I think the problems where in the 1994-1997 versions.I've really not seen any failures in newer or older ones.I have a 1997 regent hydro that has a 42" blower mounted and its on its 6th year with me with no tranny problems.

Ok. So let's say that my 1998 Regent 14G will not have tranaxle problems. What do i need to get so that I can plow snow and what should I be paying for this? Thanks for any insight. CM.

First, you should determine what you want. What width blade? Straight? Spring trip? Remote angling? Then, visit your Simplicity dealer and determine everything needed to install a blade on your tractor (blade, hitch, lift, adapter, hardware). Get a price for new, and ask if they're still available. Based on the price of a new blade, you should have an idea of what a used blade is worth to you. Ask your dealer if he has or knows if a used one is available. Remember, with modifications any blade can probably be made to work on your tractor. Maybe you can find a blade off another make or model, and buy or make the needed hitch and adapter. Used blades can be found for free, but may sell for hundreds of $$$. It depends on the type and condition, and most important, the buyer and seller. I paid $375 for a blade when I really wanted one. A year later I bought another identical blade for $50 when I wasn't even looking for one.

Here is prices out of simplicity book: 42"snow blade $265 hitch $199 lift lever $115 Options: tire chains $90 rear weight hitch $60 (2)rear weights $78 snow cab $549 wheel weights $100

Ken: Okay.... so the basic stuff needed for a new blade is $579. Chris: I guess I'd pay $579 for the new blade if I really needed or wanted one. If I could find a used complete blade, what I would be willing to pay would be determined by the condition of the used blade and what the shipping / pick up cost would be. If I couldn't find a used complete blade, and I couldn't fabricate myself, I may consider buying a new hitch and lift for $314. Then I'd look for a cheap used blade only and save a few bucks.

The new blade is spring loaded so that it can trip and swivels from side to side by pulling a pin.I think that the old b-series rigid blade would fit right on a new hitch.Sometimes an old blade can be bought for a song and dance.;)

While on a road trip for the company I picked up a slightly used spring trip blade and hitch for $200 at a simplicity dealer in PA about 2 years ago. The hitch was not a direct fit, but with a little cut and zap it worked like a charm on my 6216. I got a NOS lift rod from J. Nemes for $75.