Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Bevel Gear Drive

I have a Allis-Chalmers B-10 early and I am rebuilding the drive box and was wondering if I could get parts for it from an aftermarket dealer since the agco and simplicity dealers charge so much. My REAL E-mail address is bw10_us@yahoo.com use this address only.

ka9bxg
Depending on which parts you need, the rebuild cost isn't that high. I replaced a driven shaft, it's bearings and it's seals, with all new keys for about $80-90. I know at least the driven shaft uses unusual diameters, making the shaft unique, and one of the bearings hard to find. I bought my bearings and seals from a local bearing distributer who I buy all my bearings from. Search the archives for bevel gear box messages. I posted the name and phone number. You won't find the shafts anywhere else. I considered making my own, but even with free labor, it would have cost more for material and hardening than it costs to buy the shaft from a Simplicity dealer. Contact a dealer who advertises on this web site. You may find a better price here than you're being quoted elsewhere. Greg