Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

4211H

dads707

Man I got it from said the trans was slipping. I drained the fluid, removed the resevoir, and can't get the 30wt. oil to go back in. Local shop said to dis-engage the trans and move the lever a few times. That didn't work either. I bought this mower to sell, and need to move it!!

Is that the one with the little plastic reservoir under the seat? There is a rubber seal like a brake reservoir on a car that shoould stay in the cap but sometimes doesnt. See if it stayed inside. Happened to me on a CC and I couldnt see it cause its the same color as the plastic.

Hydros take different oils - always check that you are adding the proper type. 4211 would be an Eaton (with the pint size reservoir) requiring Simplicity muti-purpose hydraulic fluid.

Local shop said to use straight 30 wt. oil. Yes, it does have the pint sized resevoir on top. Locsl shop said to unscrew it and pour the oil into the trans. The rubber seal on top of the res. was shot, most of it was in the bottom of the res. I thought about pouring some transmission fluid in it to see if it would flow thru it, then draining it. Don't want to really mess te thing up.