Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

If money were no object...

Kent

Kent, where did you find that picture? Is that really a "red green show" tractor. Looks like an MTD when they were still made good. Looks like it has had some creative designing and money wasn't spared on the seat.

My original "setup" looked like that until I bought a discharge shute from you Kent. I now have mine painted "Hunter green" (NOT JD GREEN!!) and it works real good. Once I figure out how to upload pics I will show you. JH

Oh it's a stack system, I thought it was one of those rare modified candelabra designs. During the day it's down, but after sunset it's pointed toward the sky and you can see the flames at the top of each "candle"[:0]

Guy must not be a smoker. If he hits a stump and stops quick, what's to keep splash from that gas can from dousing him on the head? If it's got one of those little screw-on caps, well, they're designed to disappear as soon as your not lookin'. Ka-Whump!

Notes from the owner of this rig... Posted by: fmbcad North NJ (My Page) on Sat, Sep 27, 03 at 19:59 The tractor in the picture is a '69 MTD 10 hp. I'm in the process of restoring it. Today I put a coat of por-15 on the mower deck. I belongs to me, Frank Brunke in Vernon NJ. Regarding the "2 cycle squeeling" Ear Muffs help a lot. Regarding the triple muffler - The original pancake blew out, I went to home depot, all they had were mufflers for 4-7 hp. Sooo I calculated - 4hp goes into 10 hp more than 2 times, so I wound up with 3 mufflers that should cover 10hp. a bit of pipe and it was done. and it worked, engine is quieter, and no ill effects on the engine. I have since gone to NAPA and picked up a muffler for a small car, we went thru the book and came up with a cheap small muffler, which works better than the triple. Now I can clearly hear the engine fan, counterweights, gears meshing, blades wirring, fan humming. I'll post it as soon as I can pull it out of the camera. Now for some fun. I tell neighbors that the spacing, and allignment of the mufflers was calculated to allow the sound waves from the sperate mufflers to interfere with one another and create white noise, thereby reducing the intensity of the sound waves reachng the ear. Amazing how many believe it.

Vernon, NJ is only an hour South West of here, and not to far from member Tom Byrne, Maybe I need him to get him to build me one...

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
Actually I'm just jealous... I always get more wrinkles in my Duct tape than that.... Need more practice, I guess.... :D
That ducting was from the kids room and after the mowing it goes back and they get the smell of fresh mown grass. ;) I wonder if that exhaust system has a patten on it.

WOW! I was working on a design just like that for my Serf exhaust. I wanted to be able to kill weeds and keep small animals away. Oh well now that its already been done I'll just have to focus my creative ideas somewhere else. MikeG