Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
BradW

Muffler for a B-10

BradW
I have an Allis-Chalmers B-10 early with a (cofee can) muffler. Does anybody know where you can buy the replcement? All it say's on the muffler is nelson muffler co. I don't know if this helps but any help would be greatly appreciated.

At a Simplicy or Agco-Allis dealer.[A href='http://www.simplicitymfg.com/dealer.htm']http://www.simplicitymfg.com/dealer.htm[/a]

Brad - you can either order one from your local Simp dealer part# 157634 - I think I may also have it in stock but it is fairly expensive. Or use a 6" cast iron plumbing extension pipe and a round Kohler style muffler or equivalent. Although not OEM it will be a bit cheaper. Also get a new lock ring to secure it unless you can reuse your old one.

dlcentral
You could also get a 6" pipe nipple and lock, and for $18 get a Cub Cadet tractor type muffler,at any NAPA store,they are nice and quiet and look REAL COOL coming up the out- side of the hood! Makes the old girl look like a 'farm tractor!We put 6" chrome extensions with turn-outs on our 2 tracs. and that REALLY looks unique! dlc