Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

B-210 42" mowing deck need some help

I have just finished the deck it took a little more time than I thought it would as after I had taken all apart I found the deck had wear and tear problems new bushing roller rods several hours of wire brushing several more hours sanding and two days in the paint shop it finally looks new again but some where along the lines I have misplaced my pictures and now I'm having a little trouble remebering the assembly. If anyone has an exploded parts list or top veiw picture I would sure apreciate a copy also if anyone could tell me the correct belt length for the PTO to deck connection I need that aswell thanks in advance Mike Clark

tej
Mike, I could email you the drawings of the deck with the warning that the order of the washers on the blade shafts is wrong in the drawings. When reassembling the arbors in the bearing housings you must make sure that the large dust cover washers do not contact both the inter and outer bearing races. If they do they will lock the bearings and the arbors will turn in the inter races. The shaft, bearing inter races, and the pipe spacer that goes between the top and bottom bearings should all lock together and turn freely when the nut is tighten down on the pulley. If there is any binding then the assembly is wrong. I mentioned the error in the manual to my Simplicity mechanic and he said you should just throw those big washers away as the bearings are sealed anyway. Tim