Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Belt supply found for PowerMax and 60' mowers

Thought I would pass this along as have found that Advance Auto Parts has these belts that fit the Powermax (AC and Simplicity) tractors. Hydrostatic drive trans belts (two required) are their FHP L424 and sell for only $5.99 each! They work as I just put two new ones on my Simp. 4041. The top (Front PTO to mower deck) belt for the 60 in. mowers is their FHP L493 and sells for only $18.99. My dealers here charge much more for this one. I have not been able to find a replacement for the internal mower deck belt that goes over the 3 pulleys inside the deck. If anyone has a clue on that one, please advise. Hope this help someone out there. I have also found a supply of cheap blades for the 60 in. mower decks if anyone is interested; e mail me at organworks@mindspring. com. or post to this message.

tej
Roy, I have found that I can replace any belt on the AC B series at the local Ace Hardware. That includes the internal belt on a 42" mower. For the tractor drive belt I stick with OEM from the dealer. Tim