Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Junk yard treasures

mowerman1193

Well my scrap pile was starting to get big so I thought I would take in a load before I take my truck off the road for winter...Anyway I get to the place and unload and hop in the truck to go back around to the scale and out of the corner of my eye I see a well known color...When I looked over at it I couldn't belive my eyes...Here sets in the iron pile a rear counter weight with a collar weight on it.I hauled in $14 worth of steel and got the weight... Did I do ok??

Kevin I do not remember the exact prices from e-bay sales a while back, but with that trade you should have taken the scrap yard guy out to a steak dinner. Seems like the collar weight was well over $50 alone. Good deal! Larry

quote:
Originally posted by andy gartner
You did great! How do you feel you did?
Lets just say that I got it early this morning and I am still grinning.I will probably be grinning in my sleep tonight,LOL..
quote:
Originally posted by dirtsaver
Seems like the collar weight was well over $50 alone.
Yes I bought one from ebay a couple years ago.Wasn't quite that much then but I have wanted another one to put on my rear pin on weight but they keep going higher than I will pay...

You never know what you'll find at that place Mowerman.. I guess I should of walked down to that end of the pile the Day before... LOL