Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Boney

Air filter Q

andy gartner
Boney You'll get a few more practiced than me, coming along here, so help is on the way. My shredded steel brillo filters I've cleaned in a parts washer. Change the oil, first cleaning out the container. The filter you can put in an old paint can or something large enough to fit the filter, and wash it/shake it or emerse it in eg kerosene. Or you can hold it and spray it with WD-40 to clean it, letting run off go in a container.

Allis_B12
Kerosene works, but car wash solution is more likely to be found in a garage. That's what I use to clean air filters. I clean and dry the filter, and then I add a couple tablespoons of oil on the filter, and squeeze the filter to spread the oil. Works well.

rjgoth
I have used dawn soap, and some warm water. I soak it over night and wring it out really good. Allow to dry in the sun. The put 2 table spoons of oil, and wring to distribute. Where did you get the paper filter at? Ryan