Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydro Help????

Bunky

I have a 7016 Hydro it rolls like it's in neutral, it didn't used to do this.. You would have use the disengagement ... Now it acts like it might be slipping... Is there a chance one of the valves is sticking ....

Bunky have you replaced the o-rings and seals ont thr relief vave poppets? Sometimes they will become "sticky", and stay down just as if you were pushing them down to freewheel the hydro for pushing. I bought the parts to do mine this winter and they were around $20. Larry

Before doing anything else, There are a few things to look at.. Make sure the clutch assy is not sticking and leaving the hydro belt loose. This could be your slip. Also do you have enough fluid ? How old is the hydro filter ? If the pop ups are stuck, it is easy enough to see. They should be up the same hight and even..( Quarter inch or so ) A broken drive pin in the charge pump will cause this sometimes. Because they seldom sheer off even and the pump still tries to work some. You can tell most times by using the lift if so equipped. If the pin is broken and you full of fluid and have a new filter, the lift will make stops and starts.. All that is listed in the above line, if bad is harmfull because either would starve your hydro for fluid and therefore lubrication. Better to be safe than sorry.... good luck Salthart

Well I will check the Relief valves.. I mow with it and the only time it slips is when there is a real steep hill, And it seems to be up on fluid, and it does need a change.. I will have to check these things out.....