Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

what do i have

where do i find the numbers on my tractor to tell me what year it is all i know is it is a simplicity 725 and it has a 8hp B.S. motor and it looks like the one on the simplicity main page. Please Help Thank You

Simplicity used stickers and the sticker may have fallen off. The model numbers are seven digits and begin with 169. If you have that number you can easily find the model and year by using the "X" reference on this site. The original Simplicity tractor was the 700 and came out in the late 1950's. It had a 7 HP engine. Later it became the 725 with a 7 and 1/4 HP Briggs. In the late 60's and early 70's they did have an 8 HP model but I dont know the number.

169xxxx MFG numbers did not start until 1975. Previous MFG numbers used 990xxx prefix so if you have a MFG 235 (model 725) it is actually a 990325.