Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homemade vac system

TimJr

Complete trailer type vac with 4hp Tecumseh for less than $100! Wish I had a digital camera to put this up here. Took a couple of years of scrounging, but finally sucked up leaves yesterday. Parts used ( your imagination is needed here) John Deere #10 dump cart body(now black), mid 60's Simplicity Landlord front wheels and bearing(wheels were rusty and patched so the tubes don't stick out), Ohio Steel cart tongue from a Trac Vac kit, engine and fan from tractor mounted Peco vac system, AgriFab hopper top. Put it all together, paint it black and it works just fine. Will see about borrowing a camera - looks a little better than it sounds. Sometimes patience and dirty fingers from digging through the junk pays off.

Tim, ;)Like Johnny said, "One Piece At A time". And doing it this way, and doing it yourself, it is worth more to you than anything you could have bought. Can't wait to see the pics. I have 1 about 1/2 built, do to health reasons it was put aside. Now after being in here for awhile, it gets finished next year for sure! Mabey tomorrow I'll try to pull it out and get a pic, mabey I had a thought or two you can use. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

id like to try to build a fork lift for my 917 i know one was avalible some time ago it operated off the back but id like to make a set of forks using maybe a plow blade hitch it wouldnt have to lift alot of weight just something i can move my deck blower things like that around getting to old to muscle everthing around

Next project is the bathroom. Got to keep things in balance on the homefront. Doesn't sound nearly as cool or as much fun as firing up an engine and playing in the yard, does it?