Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Agricola

Broadmoor Dash

TimJr
Not true. 707's had white dashes and black steering wheels just like the 717's. These are distinguished from the 6hp Broadmoors by the fact that the steering gear is not visible because of the addition of lower side panels under the dash. I will not say absolutely 100%, but I have never seen a black dash 707. All my sales lit shows white also. Some earlier 6hp Broadmoors had a black dash and white steering wheel. I can't explain why or when - I have both 6hp styles. Simplicity does not have a very good system for serial numbers and years of production - at least I can't directly correlate stuff. The model years seem to at times overlap calendar wise. Hope this helps.

KSever
I also agree with mowerman that the Broadmoors and the Landlords of 1964 are the years of the black dash. I believe in 1965 they came out with the white dash. At least from my experience with the 1964 717 and 1964 Landlord I have restored after alot of research and buying several parts tractors of that era.

TimJr
That sounds about right, but the 1964 Broadmoor is just a 6hp - no number designation. The 717 was for the 1967-1968 model year. It got a syncro - balance engine with the one piece flo-jet carb, and the 36" 3 blade deck, otherwise it is the same machine that a 707 is. I have some lit from about 65 or so that actually shows I think the Landlord with both color dashes in the same booklet - I will have to dig it out sometime.

mowerman1193
TimJr,I belive you are correct about some being black in 1965..In fact I have seen a 65 Broadmoor that had the black dash...Thats why I said that I thought maybe some early model 1965 had black....I would be interested in knowing what your booklet shows...