Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Round-Hood Roundup Rodeo...

thedaddycat

I was walking around the yard and realized that I had compiled(without realizing it, BTW... LOL) a more or less chronological string of round hood tractors!! Here they are in any given state or repair(or disrepair)....... Wonder Boy

Landlord

Big Ten

Oh the things you find laying around the yard if you take the time to look.... LOL

oh lord.....WTG nice collection, if you come across a center PTO for them you want to sell let me know. I am a few parts short of one for my 725. The one with the cyclops eye looks to be in real nice shape.

Well........ I'll try to list oldest to newest. I have 4 non-S/AC tractors, a Jake 1200 Chief, JD RX75, Turf Power(MTD) 12/38 and a Honda Harmony 2013. The other 20 are all AC(2) and Simplicity(18)...... Wonder Boy, 700, 725(2), Landlord, Big Ten, 2010, 2012, B-112, 3210 V, 3310 V(3), 3310 H, 3415 H(2), 3416 H, 7114 H, 515 Serf, and the 1963 Broadmoor.......

Ok Kirk I give up, I'll never even come close to that collection. :p To collect the big grand prize you need to have at least one running example of each plus a different attachment for each. Ahhh yes the quest for Monty Python's holy grail continues..........:o)

Kirk that's impressive! I've found myself starting the same thing with the early B-10/Big Ten/late B-10 series. I only need a B-12 to complete the set. After that comes a B-16??? or maybe a B-20 twin??? And by the way Kirk...24 tractors? Eva thinks my five (early B-ten,late B-10,Big Ten, Simp 3012,Simp 17GTH-L) are more than plenty. Keep up the good work Kirk!! Larry

Well It looks good to me out of my 7 tractors only 2 are round hoods.. and 4 are RBT's and 1 B112 FDT.... IF you want you can bring me one of those 700 series next time you come to Michigan LOL That's the next one I want to get....

We'll have to see about that Brian, I have not counted the Wonder Boy 700 that I have completed a deal for. All I need is to get it from the Pittsburgh area to here..... Say, are you planning a trip out East any time soon?? I can make a slight detour worthwhile with a good deal on a used tractor... LOL BTW, that one is slated for complete and detailed documentation and possibly restoration. I want to try to preserve as much original information and detail as possible. If it is in fairly decent shape I'll leave it in "Original-Unrestored" condition... It seems to be mostly OEM from the description. Funny, a blown rear tire was what it took to induce selling it off.... The 990210 sickle bar mower might look nice on it, but the three belt blower with a rear counter weight and collar weight would be OK, too. I have that mower deck with the "Humpback" belt guards that I got with the other Wonder Boy, too. Hey, how about putting the NOS Carry-All Box together and mounting it on the Wonder Boy... Naaaaahhh, the Box was a 1963/4 item and would be a later add-on to a 1959 tractor..... Maybe put it on the Landlord???? Reed, you'll have to come by for a visit. You can get the nickel tour and while I've got you occupied I'll have the kids load rocks into your truck...... lol Speaking of rocks, you know how I've shown the Putt Putt towing some of the bigger ones around?

Well some of them are too big for me to even try it on......... like the one in the background that's taller than the steering wheel, about as tall as the sticker on the orange fiberglass rake handle....

Well this is how you can tow a rock that big with a little tactor like the Putt Putt.........

How's that for doing it the "Old Fashioned" way??? LOL

Kirk, I am amazed at how you were able to collect so many in such a short amount of time. Since I have been talking to you on this site, I have added one to my collection, while you seem to have added about fifteen. You seem to be living my dream of putting together a garden tractor salvage yard to use in fixing up your prize posessions and also make some cash on the side. Lucky Dog! I only wish I had been able to collect all of those great toys. Have fun and enjoy.

Kirk It looks more like it would be a three hour tour.....LOL sure would like to get there one of these days. BTW have you got any good 700 hoods the one I have just isn't cooperating![V]

Three Hour Tour??? What do you think this is, Gilligan's Island???? LOL You'll just have to come on by to take a look at the hoods.... I just got one with the grill, support, and emblems but have not decided what it will go on yet. I have another that has 725 badges, and a yellow one that's about good only for the hinges... Oh yeah, and I have some tire chains here for you, too...

Kirk this weekend is definitly booked maybe next weekend, Im gonna try coming down to Robs for trans school if that's still on, as long as the missus will let me! LOL

Kirk that is an awsome collection.btw im in the process of painting my old 700,and i need a new set of emblems.both of mine are broken.you wouldnt happen to have a set you would sell,would you?

Guess I'm getting a reputation as the East Coast Go-To-Guy.... lol Let me see what I can scare up. While I have a fair stash of stuff, remember that I too have pet projects and ideas for more of them(too many, just like a lot of you others out there...) that I want to keep some things held aside for. I'm not trying to offend or seem like the Scrooge of tractor parts, but I've been getting a lot of requestsin both public and private forums for parts that I don't necessarily want to "Part" with.......

hey Kirk i totally understand.i keep lots of parts pak ratted because i know when i need them i'll never be able to find them anywhere lol.so if you dont have any you want to sell i understand,but if you do i'll buy em.btw the way i noticed that too.you do seem to be getting a rep as the go to guy for round hood parts and you know you've got alot of knowledge of the early tractors,maybe you should start a parts and repair..........lol

Hello Kirk, Nice flock, I'm up to 10 counting the 2 compact tractors (720 and Cub 7254) I'm going to need hood emblems for what I believe is a Simp 700 I picked up on ebay last year. I may need to ask you or another member to make a plaster cast of the emblems so I can make a set of reproductions. Are they the same or specific right and left sides ? Regards

Kirk, Since you are the East Coast go-to guy, we need to find someone on the West Coast with a huge collection of say AC tractors. Get an East Coast vs West Coast thing going... a friendly rivalry of the ultimate source for Simplicity and AC parts and Tractors. LOL As im going through my 66' Landlord restoration I will more than likely be calling on you for advise and or parts. Ryan