Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Where's Kent ?

tej

Not only Kent but most all the other familiar posters with the exception of Tim,Jeff,Roy,Al and myself have left this site.Prob. all too busy to post....I hope that's the reason! dlc

I'm still here and lurking. I was out of town a few days last week and am trying to catch up on all fronts, work, home, & web.... It's nice to be missed! 80)

Wow! I knew the rumor about Kent tryin to "speed balance" his cutting blades wasn't true. Welcome back ! It's kinda hard bein a club without our leader. Ace

What I didn't say in the above post (didn't want to embarrass the missus') was that when I returned home from my trip a week or so ago... I found that my wife had left 4lbs of cubed beef (for beef stew) that she was browning on the stove at high heat all day after she went to work.... Luckily no fire damage, but major smoke/stench damage, so bad that the insurance company adjustor deemed the house "unlivable." A few nights in a motel.... So, even after professional cleaners cleaned for a week, we're just now to the point of repainting, new wallpaper, etc., in most of the rooms. While we're getting estimates for this, I've been repainting closets myself to cover the smell so we could re-hang the clothes coming back from the cleaners (EVERYTHING had to be cleaned/washed in an enzyme solution). So, to say the home front has been hectic is a bit of an understatement.... And, yes, it was the missus' idea to "explain my absence" to you all....